Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2013 in Review: 3rd Quarter

By Tracy Zhu, Owner

Tracy and Patricia at Urban Uprising in Seattle in August.
The third quarter of 2013 saw smooth sailing and strong sales. With the hard work of moving the store behind me, I was able to get out of the store and even out of town a bit more for both professional and personal activities. One of the highlights of the entire year was partnering with Seattle's Burke Museum to help promote their Empowering Women exhibit. My husband Drew and I had a wonderful time at the artists' reception in July. In August, Drew, Patricia, and I had a fun evening of sourcing and shopping at Seattle's Urban Uprising trade show. We were proud to be sweatshop-free from head to toe in this picture (except maybe our under garments and possibly my shoes.)


Sarah, Eamon, and beautiful Baby Ziva.
Sarah had quite a year! She and her husband Eamon enjoyed a long-delayed honeymoon in France and Croatia in July. On September 30th, she brought their enchanting daughter Ziva into the world. Sarah worked right into her 9th month and seemed to never miss a beat. Only a couple of months after giving birth she performed in a Seattle staging of Handel's "Messiah". She's tough!

One of the best features of the new building is this deck, which became my office for much of the summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment